2022-2023 Athletic Season Calendar
Boltz Middle School Athletics
Phoenix Athletes if you are interested in Speed Strength and Agility this summer sign up to our BAND App link to find out important dates and times for summer sessions. This is open to all students for all sports who will be attending Boltz in the 2022-2023 school year. Here is the LINK
Message from our district Athletic Director:
The Poudre School District Athletic Department is excited to announce changes to Middle School athletic programming beginning in the fall of 2022.
- 6th graders will now have opportunities to compete in all individual sports. This includes cross country, golf, track, as well as the additions of tennis and wrestling.
- Football, Basketball, and Volleyball will be moving to a mixed-grade Varsity/JV/C-team model as opposed to 7th and 8th grade teams (as currently constructed). Softball and all individual sports referenced above are currently operating under the Varsity/JV/C-team model.
- Increased number of athletic opportunities for 6th-grade students.
- Allows athletes to compete and receive instruction at the appropriate level, regardless of grade.
- Provides flexibility for those schools with extremely high/low participation numbers.
- Creates one consistent competitive model across all sports within the PSD Middle School Athletic League.
- Sub-Varsity competition opportunities will be increased.
- The total program roster size will be increased in basketball and volleyball.
District Athletic Director
Poudre School District
1502 S. Timberline Road | Fort Collins, CO 80524
Boltz Athletics: Where we inspire students to be a great person, a great student and then a great athlete!
A schedule will soon be coming out from the district. The fee for golf is $130 and must be paid before any participation. Fees can be paid online on School Pay, parents need to register their students on the district's Sports Engine site, and students also must have a current physical on file at school before they will be allowed to participate.
Qualifying students may apply to have their sports fee waived. In order for fees to be waived students must be approved to receive free or reduced lunch. Apply online for this program on the Free and Reduced Lunch Web Page. Once the form is submitted and your student is approved, parents must complete the permission to share the form online via ParentVue. Once these steps have been completed their athletic fee will be waived.
Please read and complete all PSD paperwork (below) so that your child can participate on the first day of practice/tryouts:
Read Guidelines for Sportsmanship (pdf)
If your child does NOT attend Boltz, please follow this PSD Placement Guideline link: PSD Placement Guidelines
Follow this link to register for any sport at Boltz. This process will also allow you to pay online: https://www.psdathletics.org/msreg
Students who qualify for free/reduced lunch must have a new fee waiver on file each year in order to have fees waived. We can assist parents with this process during check-in. It is a two-step process with applying for free/reduced lunch first, then applying for additional fees to be waived (on the Parent View “fees” tab).
A signed Physical Form must be filled out by physician before a student can play a sport. Below are a some low-cost resources.
Make an appointment soon with your primary care physician.
The Little Clinic: Low cost physicals, 1842 N. College Avenue, (970) 494-6975 (Inside King Soopers)
The Health and Wellness Center at Centennial High School offers sports physicals/well child exams June - August. The Center can bill insurance and no child is ever turned away for inability to pay. For more information visit their website or call their office at 970-488-4950.
Click HERE for the link to register online.
Click HERE for a copy of our registration form.
Click HERE for a copy of our registration form in Spanish
Click HERE for a copy of our sports physical form. (take with you to your doctor's appointment)
Fees: 2022-2023 Season
Athletic fees approved by the Board of Education will be charged for athletes in grades 6-12.
Athletic fees will be collected at the beginning of each sport season prior to the student-athlete participation.
Fees for PSD students - $130 per season, $70 for Unified Sports
Fees for PSD Non-Charter Students or Homeschool Students:
$142 per sport, $82 for Unified Sports
Questions, please contact:
Gabriel Vigil, Assistant Principal/Athletic Director