Message from our district Athletic Director:
The Poudre School District Athletic Department is excited to announce changes to Middle School athletic programming beginning in the fall of 2022.
- 6th graders will now have opportunities to compete in all individual sports. This includes cross country, golf, track, as well as the additions of tennis and wrestling.
- Football, Basketball, and Volleyball will be moving to a mixed-grade Varsity/JV/C-team model as opposed to 7th and 8th grade teams (as currently constructed). Softball and all individual sports referenced above are currently operating under the Varsity/JV/C-team model.
- Increased number of athletic opportunities for 6th-grade students.
- Allows athletes to compete and receive instruction at the appropriate level, regardless of grade.
- Provides flexibility for those schools with extremely high/low participation numbers.
- Creates one consistent competitive model across all sports within the PSD Middle School Athletic League.
- Sub-Varsity competition opportunities will be increased.
- The total program roster size will be increased in basketball and volleyball.
District Athletic Director
Poudre School District
1502 S. Timberline Road | Fort Collins, CO 80524