Boltz Updates and Reminders – 9/10/2020
Material Pick Up Day – This Friday, 8am to 12pm
We are having our material pick up day tomorrow at Boltz from 8am to 12pm. This is the time we are hoping to get to you any materials we may use for first quarter. Teachers may have emailed parents about this already and described what to look for in your bag. We’ll include school pictures and ID’s in your bags. We will pass out bags by grade levels and you will not need to leave your car, we’ll bring it out to you. Come anytime between 8am and noon and go to the following areas at Boltz:
- 6th graders – pick up in the back parking lot (north side of Boltz)
- 7th graders – pick up in the front parking lot (south side of Boltz)
- 8th graders – pick up in the bus circle (east side of Boltz)
No Teacher Office Hours Friday
Due to passing out materials on Friday, teachers won’t have their scheduled office hours.
Excusing Attendance for Students – If you have a student who will be missing synchronous learning time Monday through Thursday you must excuse them. Here is a link to our schedule. We have 3 options to excuse your student:
- You can call 472-3700, then select option 1 and leave a message
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or you can submit an absence through ParentVue – just click on the REPORT ABSENCE button next to your student’s name in the phone APP or the browser version of ParentVue
Be sure to include your student’s name, ID #, dates or periods absent, and the reason. If you use ParentVue to report the absence you will just need to provide the date/time and reason. Thanks for helping us keep accurate records on your student’s attendance.
Do you need assistance with food? à We have several options
PSD began offering daily breakfasts and lunches to ALL school aged students, regardless of whether or not they are a registered student in PSD. These means can be picked up from certain bus stops or from Boltz (in our back parking lot, behind our kitchen). Other locations are:
- Kruse Elementary, parking lot 4400 McMurray Ave.
- Linton Elementary, 4100 Caribou Dr.
- O'Dea Elementary at Purdue & Tulane
- Shepardson Elementary parking lot, 1501 Springwood Dr.
- Fort Collins High, northwest by Neal Auditorium, 3400 Lambkin Way
Bus delivered meal sites in the Boltz attendance area:
- Boardwalk Dr At Landings Park
- White Willow Dr & Catkins Ct - At Willow Springs Pool
Other information on PSD provided meals à https://www.psdschools.org/psd2020-21/mealsremotelearning
P-EBT provides families with children eligible for free or reduced-price school meals with funds to help buy food since schools were closed last Spring due to the pandemic. You can receive up to $279 per eligible child to stretch your food budget.
Apply Here – To apply you must share some basic information. You will be required to provide the students' names, birthdays, the name of the head of household, a phone number, and a mailing address. If they cannot verify that the student was receiving free and reduced price meals, they will also ask about your income for the months of March, April and May.
They’ll check to make sure your family can get P-EBT. Immigration status is not considered in your eligibility for P-EBT. P-EBT is not part of the public charge.
Get a P-EBT card in the mail or use the EBT card you already have.
If approved, you will get a P-EBT card with money on it for groceries. The card will come with instructions on how to use it.
For those who have had an EBT card in the past for any Colorado program such as Food Assistance (SNAP), Colorado Works, or Old Age Pension, your money will be loaded to that card! Please check for more information in the flyers below.